FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT IS A CHAMBER OF COMMERCE?
A chamber of commerce is an organization of businesses joining together to increase business, advocate for business issues, and support a positive business environment. Chambers of Commerce have existed in the United States for more than two centuries.
Chambers serve a number of community building and business roles:
- Connecting businesses to foster greater prosperity and helping to increase exposure;
- Economic development for the city and/or surrounding region, such as by attracting and retaining businesses;
- Advocating and serving as the voice of the business community;
- Providing a number of services to help the business community thrive, such as educational programming, special events, mixers, marketing and connections to local government.
Does my business have to be in Claremont to become a member?
No, Claremont Chamber of Commerce has many members that are based outside of Claremont. These members join for a number of reasons, such as access to a suite of exciting educational programming and events, understanding of city politics and access to city officials and connection to other businesses. The Chamber serves to connect businesses to each other and to information that will help speed up the process of growing your business.
There are many benefits to being a member and our members select a variety of opportunities that serve their needs and interests.
Primary benefit to being a member is ACCESS:
- To other members;
- Trusted and growing business network;
- A source of business referrals;
- Additionally, members have access to outstanding events & programs.
What do I need to do to join?
If you are interested in joining the Chamber, you may do so by completing the online application found within the Member Center tab in the header of this website. If you still have more questions and would like to meet with our Executive Director, please give us a call and we would be happy to sit down with you and go over the benefits of membership.
For more information contact the Executive Director, Randy Lopez at 909-624-1681 or firstname.lastname@example.org.