What's News at the Chamber
Utility Bill Scams Continue to Target Southern California Edison Customers
Customers suspecting a fraudulent call should ask for the caller’s name, department and business phone number. Customers should terminate the call and report the incident immediately to local police and SCE at 1-800-655-4555.
SCE customers should also note that:
- SCE will never call and demand immediate payment with the threat of service disconnection
- An SCE employee will never ask for money in person
- Never reveal personal information, including your credit card, ATM or calling card number (or PIN number) or SCE account number to anyone
- If someone calls and requests you leave your residence at a specific time for a utility-related cause, call the police. This could be a burglary attempt set up by the caller
- Be suspicious of anyone who arrives at your house without an appointment asking to check an appliance, wiring or suggesting that there may be some other electrical problem inside your residence. In most cases, but not all, appointments are scheduled with our customers. There are times when our equipment may need to be checked and an appointment is not scheduled for these types of visits. SCE employees always have their SCE ID badge displayed on their person for customers to see and you can always contact our customer service department at 1-800-655-4555 to confirm that nature of the visit.
Annual Village Venture Arts and Crafts Faire- Saturday October 24, 2015
(Click here) to view vendor information.
Education Classic Golf Tournament- Monday, May 11, 2015
For Golfer and Sponsorship information (Click here)
Southern California Edison Advanced Meters
New 2015 Laws Affecting California Employers
California enacted many new laws that will affect the day-to-day operations, practices and polies of California businesses in 2015.
Some of the new laws for 2015, such as mandatory paod sick leave, make significant changes to California's legal landscape. Other new laws make changes to different parts of existing law or may only affect employers in specified industries, such as farming.
Unless specified all new legislation goes into effect on January 1, 2015. Please download the 2015 Law Overview below to view the changes.
In the Media
City Council Declares December Shop Claremont Month (read article)
Claremont: A West Coast Town with a New England Feel (read article)
Claremont's Village Venture Celebrates 32 years of arts, crafts, food and fun (read article)
Eclectic Charm, Culture and Cuisine in Claremont (read article)
5 Reasons to Drive to Claremont for Restaurant Week. (read article)
Claremont Restaurant Week has Begun. (read article)